Woo, so after having to wait what seemed to be an eternity, I was finally able to build the majority of my box!  I decided to use 12mm MDF and it worked pretty well.  Only issues I encountered was some minor splitting, but that is repairable and would not have happened had I used dowel.  I decided to use MDF as it can be dressed easily, is strong and even naked but sanded looks nice.  I didn’t want to use pine because it could get dented really easily and I want it to remain pristine.  I also bought some acrylic glass for the top and bottom as can be seen in the below images.  All in all I am really happy with how it turned out.  Next, I have to buy an HDMI plug that will sit in the front of the box which I have not bought yet finish off the box and then wire it all up.  It will take me a little while longer to complete the project but I finally took some great strides this weekend!

5

4

3

2

1

6

7

8

9

10

11

12

13